Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Life That's Good

Do you ever feel like you hate life? I do. I mean, I don't really hate it, but in the moment I do sometimes. Often it's the things within our own lives that are difficult, and other times it's all the world's junk encircling us that gets us down. I visited one of my best friends, Abby, a few weeks ago and we listened to this Lennon and Maisy song over and over. Sometimes I need the reminder the song gives: that at the end of the day, after whatever's happening around me whether it's in my control or not, that I really do have a life that's good. I have a bed to sleep in, sweet purple running shoes to run in, friends to talk to, chocolate to eat, a God to pray to, and family who love and support me. I have a life that's good, and I'm grateful for that. 

Our purpose in starting this blog is to focus on just that: we have lives that are good. We are good. Not just Abby and me--all of us. There is so much good in life. Good doesn't mean everything's perfect, easy, or even pretty. It does mean, however, that there's always something to be thankful for, even if that something is ridiculous or you feel like you have to be creative to think of that thing, like the fact that I'm grateful I'm not being attacked by alligators right now. SO grateful for that. Even the beloved hero and Jewish victim of the Holocaust, Anne Frank, said, "Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy." If she could have that attitude, despite living in the face of such evil, we can definitely take time to see the beauty still left in the world, ourselves, and our lives. We really do have lives that are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment